Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tradition v Contemporary

I'm a big fan of anything made from natural materials, I think it adds such warmth and tradition to any room. That's why I love these baskets by Joe Hogan, a basketmaker from Co. Galway. Joe is an expert basket maker who's been in business since 1978. He uses only the best willows, grown at Loch na Fooey, Co. Galway, to make his baskets.

I love the way he merges modern designs with such a traditional art. Here are some pieces from his Contemporary Range.







He also has some gorgeous traditional pieces like this cradle...



...this shopping basket...



... or, I know I wouldn't get much use out of it but I love this lobster pot!



All pieces are made to order, to find out more about Joe Hogan, visit his website by clicking here. You can also find out about basket-making courses run by Joe!

No comments: