Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down - by Maz

The Irish thirst for tea doesn't seem to have been quenched even after we've been introduced to Latte's and Cappucino's and Nettle Tea etc we still love to sit down sometimes with a nice cup of Barrys or Lyons Tea and maybe a biscuit or two!! Well with that in mind I've picked out a few items that might make your tea drinking experience even better!!!

One of my favourite shops at the moment is Whittard of Chelsea (as far as I know the only one in Ireland is in Rathdowney Outlet Centre but it was in Scotland that I came across them first.


I absolutely love these little tea for one pots that fit into a lovely mug, this one is about £23 but I actually got one in The Kitchen Range on Catherine Street for about €15.
I also love this Large Chintz filter tea pot for £27.


Whittards is also fantastic to buy tea itself, my favourite is its Earl Grey.


Of course the Irish being known for their tea drinking are not short of some great designers of teapots.This large tea pot from Louis Mulcahy is a design classic , expect to pay about €120 though.

Louis also does really nice mugs - about €20 each





My dream tea set is Nicholas Mosse here's my wish list.

These mugs look so country kitchen, €18.80 each.


And of course the Teapot €85.95


And the necessary accessories, bowl €14.95 and jug €30.75


If you're a fan of loose leaves and are looking for something more practical I got one of these (or something similar) for Mary T last year. It works a bit like a plunger for coffee!!


And if you want to learn more about tea you can always visit the site that dedicates itself to tea.

No comments: