Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wallpaper Without the Designer Price Tag

Some time ago I fell in love with this wall paper from the Ralph Lauren Home Range.



However there were no prices on the website which to me translates as "this is out of your price range so don't even bother asking..." (just for the record the same rule applies when you go to a restaurant and there are no prices on the menu!). So instead I took myself down to B&Q (Eastway Business Park, Limerick) and I was very pleasantly surprised with what they had to offer. I always knew they had a large selection of wallpaper but from a distance a lot of it looks like the type of wallpaper you might see in your granny's kitchen. It's well worth taking a closer look though as there are some great finds there.

In the end I decided on this one (antonello trail green). I'm putting it on one wall of a bedroom, the wall that will have the head of the bed against it. I love the simple pattern and fresh green colour. The design isn't as imposing as the Ralph Lauren one, which works well as the room isn't very big. I'm not sure that the colour came out very well on this picture, it's a pale pastel green and not a minty green as it looks here.



Here are a few I found in B&Q in the damask pattern that seems to be very popular at the moment. These would be great in a feature wall of a room, maybe a chimney breast.









These wallpapers are all in or around €20. per roll. The B&Q website has a quick guide to measuring how many rolls you will need. Click here.

No comments: