Thursday, April 12, 2007

California 1955



As a way to ease myself gently back to the world of blogging I thought I'd do a quick post and share with you my favourite ever photograph so you could tell me what you think! This image California 1955 was taken by the extremely talented French born photographer Elliott Erwitt. Before I knew of his work, a friend took me to an Elliott Erwitt exhibition and I spent so long staring at this photograph, I vowed there and then that I would have (a copy of!) this print hanging in my hallway someday!

Elliott Erwitt has such a beautiful collection of Black & White snippets of people's lives, his photos don't need any lengthy titles or sub-headings, the photo in itself is enough. Take a look at www.elliotterwitt.com To view his most beautiful and famous pictures go to the Collector's prints section.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anna Spiro said...

I am a huge fan of vintage black and white photography and this one is gorgeous!!